There are a variety of student lets available in Plymouth, so it is important to find one that suits your needs.
You’ll need to consider several issues including the property’s location, your budget, and who you will be sharing with – if anyone!
It helps that Plymouth is a large city with a thriving student population and that means there are lots of potential properties to consider.
If you are looking for student housing in Plymouth, here are some helpful tips from studenthomesinplymouth.co.uk to help you:
- Firstly, think about what type of accommodation you need and what your budget is. There are different types of student lets available, so it is important to find one that is suitable. You’ll find there are houses and student flats in Plymouth at a range of rents.
- Secondly, consider the location of the student property. Most students will opt to live close to the university so getting to lectures is easier. Most student activities and nightlife will be either close to the campus or where lots of students live. Don’t forget too that cheaper student rents are available to further away from the university, but you will need to pay for travel.
- Finally, you should ask around to see what other students think of their home and landlord. And when you visit a property, ask the tenants for their thoughts.
What should students ask when looking at a potential property?
To help in your search for a great student property in Plymouth, here are some questions and issues to consider when you view a potential home:
- How close is the property to your campus or public transport?
- What is included in the rent (e.g. the utility bills or internet)?
- How big is the property? Does it have enough bedrooms and a large communal area and kitchen?
- Is the property furnished or unfurnished? If it is unfurnished, you’ll have to buy beds and sofas.
- What is the landlord like? You will want someone who is responsive if something goes wrong.
- Have there been any problems with the property or landlord in the past? The tenants are leaving they’ll be honest!
How to find Plymouth’s best student lets
By following these simple tips, you should be able to find the best student lets in Plymouth for your needs.
You also need to consider carefully who you will be sharing with because you will all be signing a tenancy agreement which is a legal contract – and you will need to pay rent on time.
If you need any further help or advice, then don’t hesitate to contact the friendly team at studenthomesinplymouth.co.uk. We are always happy to help!