Are you looking for student homes in Plymouth? If so, you might be wondering where you should start your search if you have never done this before.
Plymouth is a popular destination for students from the UK and overseas and there are a few areas that are ideal for students.
Most students looking for student houses to let will choose to live close to the University of Plymouth campus.
That’s because they can walk to their seminars, save money on transport costs, and be close to pubs, shops, and venues that are popular with students.
Mutley and North Hill are popular spots too with plenty of shops and restaurants nearby, and Whitleigh is another excellent option because it is close to the beach and is affordable.
There’s also Lipson which has become increasingly popular with students looking for affordable accommodation in a vibrant area.
Find the perfect student home in Plymouth
Here are five tips from the friendly team at studenthomesinplymouth.co.uk to help you find the perfect student home:
- Research your options: Before signing up for a student property, make sure to do your research. Look into different types of accommodation such as houses, flats, and purpose-built student accommodation (PBSA). Consider the location and amenities offered by each option. Check out websites including studenthomesinplymouth.co.uk for more information on what’s available in the area.
- Set a budget: It’s important to set a realistic budget before looking for student homes in Plymouth. Think about how much you can afford to spend on rent and other costs such as bills and deposits. Make sure that you factor in any additional costs such as transport and food too.
- Look at reviews: When researching potential student homes, make sure to read reviews from previous tenants if possible. This will give you an idea of what the property is like and whether it is suitable for your needs or not. This advice also extends to student flats for rent in Plymouth.
- Visit the property: Once you have narrowed down your search, arrange a viewing of the property with the landlord or letting agent before signing any contracts or paying a deposit. This will give you an opportunity to ask questions about the property and get a feel for what it would be like living there before making any commitments. It’s also a good idea to visit a student house when the current tenants are in so you can ask them questions.
- Read contracts carefully: Before signing a tenancy agreement, make sure that you read it carefully and understand all of the terms and conditions that come with renting a student home in Plymouth. Pay particular attention to clauses regarding deposits, bills, and maintenance responsibilities so that there are no surprises later!
Signing up for student homes in Plymouth
Essentially, by following these five tips when looking for student homes in Plymouth, you should be able to find a great and well-priced place to live during your studies. You can also contact the friendly team at studenthomesinplymouth.co.uk for more help and advice.