If you are a student looking to find the best student lets Plymouth then this article will highlight some useful tips to find a property you will enjoy living in.
Firstly, it’s always a good idea to use a reputable firm or an organisation that checks the properties being advertised and we have been offering a quality service for nearly 30 years in Plymouth and manage our own student properties.
It’s our caring approach that has led to so many great testimonials for our student accommodation offering.
Looking for student accommodation Plymouth
For those who are looking for student accommodation Plymouth for the first time then here’s a quick checklist:
- Decide who you are going to live with
- All housemates must visit the potential student property in Plymouth
- Check the property’s exterior: ensure the gutters, roof, and windows are in good condition
- Check the property’s interior: ensure there are no signs of condensation, mould or damp and signs of pest infestation
- Check the plumbing and utilities: don’t be shy about turning on taps and switching on plugs to make sure things are working properly
- If possible, speak to the current tenants to see if there are any issues and whether the landlord responds quickly to problems.
Moving into the best Plymouth student accommodation
Once you have found the best Plymouth student accommodation that suits you and your needs, then it’s time to sign on the dotted line, pay a deposit and prepare for moving in.
The landlord or letting agent should be offering help and advice at this point, particularly if you are a student from overseas or are moving to Plymouth for the first time or indeed moving from university-provided halls of residence into private accommodation.
There is a good choice of student accommodation in Plymouth catering for more than 30,000 students ranging from student flats and houses to residential halls and studios.
It’s also a good idea to check the tenancy agreement thoroughly before signing it and you should never be pressured into signing without reading the terms and conditions carefully. It may even be a good idea to have the contract checked by the university’s accommodation office or the Students Union.
The Plymouth student accommodation you choose
Above all, it’s important that the Plymouth student accommodation you choose is not only located close to your campus but also offers a secure and safe living environment.
For more help and advice about finding the best student lets Plymouth then speak with the experts at Student Homes in Plymouth.